Question
Posted by: stressed | 2004/11/20

5 periods, still on pill, darker areolas, weight gain...pregnant???

I'm so scared, I have had my periods like clockwork still but are gaining weight like crazy.my areolas are darker. I'm still using the pill [never skipped one], but lately my period does not start on the very first red pill, but on the third [triphasil].Can I be pregnant and if so then for how long because then I can't have an abortion.

If you are having regular periods, it is highly unlikely that you are pregnant. Weight gain and darkening of the areolas can be side effects of the Pill.

1
Posted by: Nix | 2004/11/20

Do a urine pregnancy test. If its positive, have a blood test to make sure then see your doctor. Don't stress too much, I'm sure you're not pregnant if you still have your periods, but with the symptoms you mention, its worth doing a test (do it first thing in the morning).

Reply to Nix