Question
Posted by: NPC | 2007/06/14

5 MONTHS PREG NO MOVEMENT

Hi Ladies, i am five months pregnant but i feel no movements, is this normal? i was told to wait for 5 months to feel it. Please help

This may be normal if you are having a pregnancy for the first time, as you may not be able to YET discern the difference between bowel and baby movements. Hope you have seen your gyn already and have had normal scans to date.

6
Posted by: RACHEL | 2007/06/15

I FELT MY FIRST BABY'S MOVEMENT AT 16 WEEKS. BUT AS FAR AS I KNOW FIRST TIME MOM'S USUALLY FEEL MOVEMENT FROM WEEK 18- WEEK 22. AS LONG AS THE ULTRASOUND SHOWS MOVEMENT AND THE GYNAE DOESN'T SEE ANYTHING WRONG YOU ARE JUST FINE. GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR BABY!

Reply to RACHEL
Posted by: Babe | 2007/06/15

Karabo,its my first pregnancy but i felt my baby is kicks at 17wks, but they were not strong.she will kick today may for the whole day,tomorrow kick ones but the gynae said it was normal and the will be stronger at around 20wks and they did.sooner u will feel your baby s kicks..GOOD LUCK.

Reply to Babe
Posted by: n | 2007/06/15

I'm also about 16 weeks, and have been told the same- esp if its a first preg, that you wont feel movement until later. I heard between 18-22 weeks is the norm for first time mom's to feel movement. I'm seeing my doc next week - its quite stressful not feeling any physical symptoms! At least when I was sick in the first trimester, i knew it was a good sign...

Reply to n
Posted by: Natasja | 2007/06/15

No, thats 4 months pregnant, you will be 5 months at 20 weeks.16 weeks is to early too feel movement.

Reply to Natasja
Posted by: NPC | 2007/06/15

Karabo, yes i see my doctor every four weeks. the last time was May 30 and i going back in June 30. The baby has been moving for the past three scans that i have been to. I am 16 weeks 3 days preg.

Reply to NPC
Posted by: Karabo | 2007/06/14

Do you see your gynea every 4 weeks? if yes what did he say, how many weeks to be acurate are you pregnant? If your doctor says there is nothing wrong then that is that, do you see your baby move every time when you go for scans, maybe you are just not feeling her move but she is moving.

Reply to Karabo