Posted by: Rena | 2012/02/02

4yrold daugher

HI i hope u can assist?Im not sure who deals with the problem i have with myl little one a OT or a child phyc? She currently is lashing out at the other kids at school? Her teacher says she hits or pushes them unintentionally. (ie she doesnt express herself therefore she does that ) I know she doesnt express herself very well and am unsure of what the problem is and who can address this problem.Pleaseadvise.


Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

I wish whoever is spreading false information about the skills of OT would stop it. AN OT has VERY limited professional skills to ases children or adults, and then only to assess specific aspects of our functioning, and there are onl very limited ways in which they can try to help. In most clinical situations they are useless, but apprenly endlessly ambitious.
You don't menton the age of your child, or what level of school she's in, but a Child Psychologist would be the ideal person to assess her state of mind and behaviour, and to be able to propose a plan of therapy to change it.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.