Posted by: ex | 2009/08/15

4 years of stress

hi. i have been divorced 4 years now. my wont stick to settlment and is constantly protesting paying maintenance. i have been thru 7 lawyers and just end up broke all the time. each lawyer gives me lecturers that he has to pay and that we must take him to high court, then charge me a fortune and seem to relax after that. ex is owing me tons of money and doesnt even pay school fees. he has the funds but finds ways of crying poverty to court and he seems to constantly get away with everything. please advise if there is some one that will actually help.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageDivorce support expert

Hi, pls contact me on for a legal referral.

Kindest regards


The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Anon | 2009/09/02

I suggest that you guys post on the Divorce peer support forum.

But short reply, go to your magistrates office with bank statements for last 6 months, your divorce agreement, your id, his work address and id number. You then ask the maintenence officer for an appilication for a garnish order where you then apply for a garnish for the maintenence and back maintenance. It will be issued about 1 week or 2 after and then you pay for the sheriff to deliver it on his work.

Or you can go to ms4ucollections dot co dot za and they will collect on your behalf and you only pay a persentage of what they collect, so if they are unsuccessfull you don' t pay.

Go ask on the divorce peer support group!

Reply to Anon
Posted by: Morola | 2009/08/20

Guys what happened to the likes of GDad and the other people who were giving us advice, this SADSA keeps coming here with no advice refering us to their site that you cannot get help or advice, either you send a mail with no response, or you have to pay, i really miss the advices we used to get on this site about divorce, and people who know the process, instead of people who wait like your cheap lawyers at the doors of jail to try and help poor prisoners who are arrested to get bail for them. can you just now give us advices and move on eish.

Reply to Morola

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.