Question
Posted by: Jenn | 2007/06/19

4 weeks and very excited to tell family

My husband and I just found out yesterday that we are 4 weeks pregnant. It is our first time so we are very scared and excited. Our doctor said I seem to be healthy and he said it looks like we will have a healthy fetus. I know it is still very early and anything can happen, but if I look after myself will everything be okay??
Eating small meals every 2 hours and drinking lots of water.
We really want to tell our family about it but don't want to do it if there can still be complications. Is it best to wait?? And when is the best time to tell people about it. When will I start showing??

Dear Jenn

It is best to wait until a definite foetal heart is seen and in addition when you have passed 8 weeks of pregnancy.

2
Posted by: O | 2007/06/21

Firstly congratulations on your pregnancy. Unfortunately there is no guarantee that any pregnancy will be uneventful. However, lots of water and healthy eating can only benefit you and your baby. It is also very important to be on a folic acid supplement in the early stages of pregnancy, as this aids in the early development of the foetus. The first 12 weeks of a pregnancy is considered high risk, so I would suggest you tell your family once you have passed this milestone. Furthermore you will already start noticing changes in your abdomen size, as in the first few weeks of pregnancy your uterus will start to swell to the size of an orange.

Reply to O
Posted by: nix | 2007/06/19

Firstly congrats. one piece of advice, the more people you tell the more people you'll have to tell when and if something goes wrong. so the choice is really yours. i was also very excited and told just about everyone - it's natural! but when i miscarried, after being told that i'm 100% healthy and was marked low risk pregnancy i had to tell everyone. these things happen. but don't worry about that till it happens. congrats and enjoy.

Reply to nix