Posted by: Amy | 2008/08/28

4 month old kitten

4 month old kitten pees on my couch. Uses the litterbox when I am home but if I am not around she use my couch as her litterbox. Everytime on the same spot and worst of all on my spot I am sitting always. I want to know why and what can I do to stop this behaviour and how do I get the smell out of my couch. Please help me.

Dear Amy

Read the reply 'Cat using bath as litter box' Go to a vetshop and buy a oudor and stain remover.

Posted by: Chill | 2008/08/28

If you' re not there during the day the only way to break this habit will be to deny the cat access to the couch or to the room. You could put something on the couch - an upside-down chair or stand the cushion up straight - but then you run the risk of her choosing another cushion or chair instead.

Reply to Chill