Question
Posted by: Reet | 2005/06/28

4 MISCARRIAGES & D&C's - prePROM

I have had 4 miscarriages so far. 1998,
2001 at 8 weeks -bleeding no heartbeat.
2003 bleeding at 8 weeks, no heartbeat at 13 weeks.
2005, started bleeding at 12 weeks, water broke at 18 1/2 weeks, baby was stilborn.

With the last 3 miscarriages I have had 3 D&C's as well as one D&C in 2002 (removing cists) and again a D&C in January 2005 (removing cists).

Can all the D&C's be a reason for the pre-PROM (premature rupture of the membrame) during my last pregnancy. I did not go in labour, 9 June 2005?

I don't think that the D&Cs are the reason. You should have a full set of investigatiosn, including chromosomes, GTT, antiphospholipid anibodies, thyroid function and cervical length.

1
Posted by: anon | 2005/06/28

I had a pre-PROM in 2001 at 22wks of my pregnancy. I was then hospitalised till labour. Went into labour at exactly 7mnths and the baby only survived for two hours. Then I was told teh pre-PROM happens to 1 out of 10 women and it is nothing to worry about. In 2004 I had a miscarraige due German Measles. My gynae then told me I have an incompetent cervix and that is the reason why I had the pre-PROM. I would say go to a gynae for a thorough checkup.

Good Luck!

Reply to anon