Question
Posted by: Bella | 2007/05/02

3week old kittens - URGENT

hi there, just picked up 2 +- 3week od kittens, the mother along with 3 other kittens are dead, what do i feed them and how often? i need help urgently please

Kiten milk is available from your vet and they can also give you a recipe to make milk for them yourself. If you have none for this evening mixand egg yolg into a cup of milk (leave whites out). Usually we add a teaspoon of glucose powder and some multivitamin vitamin drops as well. Don't use sugar as this can cause diarrhoea. You will also need to stimulate them to urinate and defaecate by taking a piece of cotton wool dampened with warm water and stroking their bellies from the umbilicus backwards after they have eaten. All the best!

3
Posted by: Carol | 2007/05/02

Get them to a vet ASAP.. if in the Durban Area get them to kitten action .

I can give you their contact details mail me at carolm1 at telkomsa dot net

Reply to Carol
Posted by: SUN | 2007/05/02

Shame, thanks for looking after the poor darlings. They should be able to lap themselves - you can get milk powder etc. from your vet and he will be able to help you. If they cannot lap you can feed them with a syringe - probably 4/5 times a day. I am sure some of the other regulars will come up with helpful advice. Are you going to keep the kittens otherwise Kitten Action could probably help you.

Reply to SUN
Posted by: Natasha | 2007/05/02

Hi Bella
Shame that is so sad. If you phone your vet I am sure they can recommend something. When i found my baby my vet gave me a milk formula which i had to feed via syringe every two hours or so.
I really pray the two you found will get big and strong. Please let me know how they are doing.

Reply to Natasha