Question
Posted by: babs | 2005/06/29

3rd pregnancy-suffering from blighted ovum-no foetal pole at 7 weeks

Having had 2 ultra sound scans one at 7 weeks the other 9 weeks- both found no foetal pole and an empty pregnancy sack. Have bleed lightly since 6 weeks on and off. I have passed a flesh coloured piece of tissue last week but have had no heavy bleeding associated with miscarriage. Is this normal as reluctant to have D & C and will I naturally expell miscarriage products? Thank you in anticipation,

I would recommend a D&C. You could go on for months without expelling the products.

3
Posted by: babs | 2005/06/30

Thanks IVZ and Tess for your messages.
I feel in limbo waiting for things to happen knowing no baby at end of it! I am only grateful for the two children we have.
Thanks for your kind words!

Reply to babs
Posted by: IvZ | 2005/06/30

Hey babs

I just got back from sick leave. Had a D&C on tuesday due to the same blighted ovum problem you are experiencing. The D&C really wasn't that bad, i had a bit of pain on tuesday night after the op (felt like i had a bad bladder infection which burned my canal leading out... or having a pap smear with a sharp object) but since yesterday i've been feeling NOTHING down under. I have a bit of cramping today but it is very bearable and really not that bad. The bleeding is so light i am wearing a panty liner. Rather go for the D&C and get this over and done with so that you can get your body back in order to have a future healthy pregnancy. This is just my personal opinion. if you want any information on the operation or anything i'll be more than willing to share my experience. Really sorry for your loss, unfortunately i know EXACTLY how you feel. Please take time to mourn your lost little one, and don't let anyone tell you you are not allowed to mourn. Good luck... we're all here for one another so just shout if you need anything.

Cheers
IvZ

Reply to IvZ
Posted by: Tess | 2005/06/29

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. A D & C is usualy recommended to make sure no products of conception are left behind -especially if you're 9wks. Chat to your gynae and see what he recommends though

Reply to Tess