Question
Posted by: CURIOUS | 2005/07/11

3D SCAN

IS THEIR ANY YOU MUST DO BEFORE GOING FOR A 3D SCAN, FOR EXAMPLE EMPTYING OF BLADDER OF DRINKING LOTS OF FLUIDS?

No you don't have to do anything. You don't need a full bladder at this stage.

6
Posted by: landi | 2005/07/11

I have my 3D scan booked for thursday (twenty eight weeks with twins)- if you go to a Nedcare hospital to book your bed - you get the 3D scan for free. Can you see the babies hair on a 3D scan? My little boy had lots of hair(born before 3D came out) - and I was wondering if you can see the hair on the scan.

Reply to landi
Posted by: jay | 2005/07/11

How much does it cost?????????

Reply to jay
Posted by: S'ya | 2005/07/11

I went for a 3D at 22 weeks the doctor told me it was a bit too early & suggetsed I come at 28 weeks but I nagged till he gave in. We saw the little guy sleeping after a few spank from the doctor he got up & started fighting & complaining. He wasn't too clear everything was abit bumpy but I loved every single sec of it & he even gave me a thumbs up in the end. All I can say is:- if u can afford it go for it.

Reply to S'ya
Posted by: FH | 2005/07/11

Hi ladies

We went for our 4d scan at Parklane on Friday and I was hugely disappointed ! We did everything that people told us to do, ate choccies, drank coke, kept the bladder full, but the bubs refused to move out of her spot.

She kept her face pressed against the placenta so we managed to see a little bit of her facial features. That's not what disappointed me though, it was more the attitude of the lady/nurse that did the scan. From the onset she just kept on saying "we're definitely not going to see much", and continued throughout the scan to say that. And also she only concentrated on the baby's face and nothing else.

Only when I asked her to confirm the sex, did she move down and 'try' to see the sex.

Maybe it was me just expecting too much, but after seeing friends 3d videos/pictures I expected more from our own.

Also, they do not put the scan onto videocassette at Parklane anymore, they only burn the images that they have selected during the scan to a CD.

Also, they claim to have upgraded to a 4d scan, the 4th dimension being realtime movement, but I saw none.

I guess we'll just have to wait to see what our angel really looks like.

PS. I don't mean to put a damper on anyone else's experience, just posting my own.....yours might be totally different and you could get to see everything.

Reply to FH
Posted by: Lee | 2005/07/11

Hi there,

I was told to keep the bladder full as possible as you will be able to see more. Paris is right, eat a bar-one and drink a coke before you go. This will keep baby active. Also try and predict and check babies sleeping and waking patterns and make your scan close to the time when baby is awake.

Enjoy its really special.....

Take care!

Reply to Lee
Posted by: PARIS | 2005/07/11

Go to the loo, and eat a bar one... it will wake baby up. How far are you. You should preferably be about 30 Weeks - as you'll see more.

PARIS
XXX

Reply to PARIS