Question
Posted by: A | 2007/02/16

'Pins & Needles' feeling

For the last two weeks or so my right leg permanently feels like its 'going to sleep' and it is rather uncomfortable. No matter which way I sit, or lie down in bed it always feels like its starting to go to sleep. It never does get pins & needles though and eventually I do manage to fall asleep at night after a lot of tossing & turning.

Is there any reason I should be concerned and is there anything I can take to relieve this?

I am flying over to the UK in a month's time and would be happier if this feeling were gone by then.

Dear A
This is usually caused by the main nerve of the leg being compressed or pinched in the back - it can get so bad that your leg does not want to "work" - so see a doctor urgently before you fly over.