Question
Posted by: Theresa | 2003/12/17

'Hubbly-Bubbly'

My son is 14 and have recently caught him and his friends smoking hubbly-bubbly. It all sounds very innocent but is it? I am worried, do I have reason to be? Is this legal?

Please advise as I am rather frantic.

Expert ImageTeen expert

Hi Theresa

Sorry for the late response but I went on holiday for a break.

Hubbly-bubbly is legal and quite harmless because it is all "natural" - no chemicals. A lot of teens are smoking this, it is a new "trend".

If you feel uncomfortable with this, tell them it is not acceptable in your house and you do not approve of this "smoking- habbit".

Health wise - a better option than cigarette smoke, but the principle is it is smoking.

T

7
Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/04/28

I am a 16 year old male, and personally, I like Hubbly.. I believe that if it is not harmful then it won't do me any harm.. I have absolutely no intention of smoking and/or drugs.. I have not yet told my parents I smoke Hubbly and would like to know how I could get their permission?

Posted by: W | 2004/01/12

Actually, I thought Adviserisor had quite a funny comment there... a person can never loose there sense of humor and he/she/it obviously has quite a sharp one.

On the hubbly-issue. Even if it is still relatively "healthy" in comparison with the alternative, it breeds the habit that smoking is okey. And yes, smoking is probably still better than using alcohol or drugs, but it is detramental to a person's health and if it becomes a habit so early in life, it will be extremely hard to break that habit.

In the end it will have to be a parental call from your side - what is acceptable to you and what isn't.

Reply to W
Posted by: REPLY TO Adviserisor | 2004/01/07

Please get of this site, your stupid comments is definately not appreciated......................

Reply to REPLY TO Adviserisor
Posted by: Adviserisor | 2004/01/07

Excuse me for I have just re-entered my seat after entering the most hilarious moment of the day!!!!
Let me say the least . . . . . . If you find ur son with his dick in his male friend's anal area.. start worrying. If you find a nude picture of brad pitt in his closet, start worrying... If you find a stack of gay porn under his bed, start worrying... and if u find a KKK mask in his closet, laugh at him hysterically and tell him you hope you don't find any gay porn under his bed. And tell him not to smoke weed because the modern world labels it as "bad". And tell him all tipes of advertisement will poison his mind because advertising causes need, and need causes therapy. bla bla bla. I hope I mentioned that my advice should be approached with caution.

Reply to Adviserisor
Posted by: N@S | 2003/12/19

Hubbly Bubbly's are safe as long as you are smoking tabacco with no nicotine, like Strawberry or Coconut tobacco. I don't know why they call it tobacco if it is fruit. A Hubbly Bubbly is legal but the legal age to smoke is now 18. If he is smoking this at the age of 14, what is he gonna smoke when he gets older?

Reply to N@S
Posted by: Dee | 2003/12/19

Hubbly-Bubbly is a concern, cause it leads to smoking and their is a certain amount of nicotine in the tobacco meant for the pipe.
PLease check, cause I did.

Reply to Dee
Posted by: Me | 2003/12/18

Hi T

A hubble is very much LEGAL as long as he does not use it to smoke dagga, usually they only use the tobaco meant for it which in fact is very safe as it is in fact not tabaco but molases, and contains 0 tar. So let him be young just make sure the green herb is not involved as althought its not dangerous he will be sent to juvi if his caught, hope this helps.

Ez

Reply to Me