Question
Posted by: ALison | 2008/01/16

'Gastro-esophageal reflux disease (GERD)

hi Dietdoc

You mentioned this article
'Gastro-esophageal reflux disease (GERD) & Diet' - but i can't seem to find it under diets docs articles, could you please let meknow hwer eit could be or upload it onto the site as i would really like to read it.
I am on lantooc (?) at night for 10 days now but still have a sore oesophogas. (the docotrs misdidagnosed me and i was put on antibiotics for three successive courses, till my stomache was so sore i couldn't finish them.and didn't need too!)

concerned about my throat not getting better
thanx
Alison

Dear Alison
If you click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then do a Search with the title of the article or 'Reflux disease' you should find the article. I am so sorry to hear that you were misdiagnosed and treated with antibiotics instead of the correct medications. Please also consider consulting a clinical dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area) to assist you with a diet for your specific condition.
Hang in there