Question
Posted by: DESPERATE | 2007/12/27

'ATT;MELBALINA

finally got time to thank you for your response to my post (504).
Update: kitty would not leave his tail alone!!! all okay while he was in laa-laa land (due to sedation) but poor little thing was not eating or drinking for hours at a time because he was sleeping(or dozy) most of the time. So we put a "space collar" (like vets do with old xrays?,
and what a change. The collar did not worry him, he ended up (when fully awake) eating, drinking, running around, playing and getting up to mischief with his little brother.- Yesterday (26th) we took the collar off, just to test him, well, he gave himself a GOOD bath, just licked the tail, and he seems to be recovering nicely.
Only thing that confuses us, is that whenever he licks the tip of the tail, it is like he gets a "shock" and jumps. Maybe a nerve
sensitivity?

He may have a very sensitive spot causing the reaction. It should settle down in time.

2
Posted by: Melbalina | 2008/01/02

Hi Desperate! You are welcome and I am sooooooooo glad to hear your kitty is showing positive signs! That is wonderful! Please let us know if a few weeks how his progress is going!

Reply to Melbalina
Posted by: Mandi | 2007/12/28

Hi Desperate,

Last year we had to have my cat's tail amputed aswell. It took a couple of weeks for him to settle down completely. And I thinik the tail remained painful for most of that time. Or it might have been "ghost pains".
He only stopped with those "shocked looks" after the hair was fully grown back.

Good luck!

Reply to Mandi