Question
Posted by: nicky | 2004/11/11

37 weeks pregnant - period like pains

I am experiancing quite strong irregular period like pains including some bad leg cramps with it 4 to 5 times a day, sometimes getting so uncomfortable that I get into a warm bath. Is this an indictation that labour is near or is it just still my ligaments getting ready.

My scan says I'm 37 weeks but my blood tests indicate that I am 38 weeks - which is more accurate. I cannot rely on my LMP as it was too erratic at that stage.

thx

These irregular contractions can go on for a week or two before labour starts. If you had an early scan, this would be more accurate but there is still a margin of error of 3-7 days.

2
Posted by: Norma | 2004/11/12

My labour pains felt like period pains, braxton hicks is not painsull..... you must be prepared, it could happen any day now.
My scan also showed one week earlier than the blood tests and my boy was born on 39weeks.
Maybe you should time the pains and see.

Good luck, not to long before you have your angel..

Reply to Norma
Posted by: Marlene | 2004/11/11

Hi nicky

It sounds like the braxton hicks contractions especially if they are irregular. I'm 34 weeks and are starting to get them 2. Your body is getting ready for the birth. Remember, you can go into labour any time form 37 - 42 weeks. Just watch the contracts and if they become regular phone your doc. to confirm. Don't forget to time them!!

Good Luck..

Reply to Marlene