Question
Posted by: Stacy | 2004/10/21

36 weeks pregnant - tremendous pressure

I am 36 weeks pregnant and for the last day or so it almost feels as if the baby wants to fall out. I have tremendous pressure on my bladded and it is quite painful. Is this normal?

The head is probably engaging and pressing on your pelvic bones. This is quite normal at this stage.

3
Posted by: Stacy | 2004/10/21

Does this mean that the baby will come earlier?

Reply to Stacy
Posted by: Kippie | 2004/10/21

Unfortunately that is normal. Baby is moving into the birthing chanel. This is usually uncomfortable but will settle down although the pressure feeling will still be there until he/she is born.

Good luck - not far too go!

Reply to Kippie
Posted by: Marlene | 2004/10/21

Hi Stacy

That sounds very normal to me, baby is getting ready to be born. Relax take things slow. I'm sure your very exited.

Keep Well!!

Reply to Marlene