Question
Posted by: mom | 2006/07/26

3.5 yr son with sore knee

Hi, My son has complained of a sore knee for 2 days but he has not fallen or bruised it in any way. Is there cause for concern - should my first stop be a paeditrician or whom if it continues? People have spoken about growing pains - how do I determine what it is?

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Mom
Kids do often complain of sore legs and this is usually ascribed to "growing pains".
I do however think that if this persists or gets worse, you should make an appointment with your doctor/paediatrician. Even if it is only to tell you that this is normal and you have nothing to worry about. Ongoing pai should be investigated.