Question
Posted by: Hendrik | 2008/06/04

35 week old unborn has Hidronefrose

During a routine pregnancy sonar [35 weeks] the gynicologist found that my babies kidney pipes to his bladder is almost blocked.
We went for second opinion and it was confirmed.
My question is: How will it be treated and is it cureable?

Dear Hendrik
The most common cause for this is just the valve between the bladder and the ureter not closing properly. In most kids they "outgrow" this and they just need regular follow up and sonars. They may be more prone to urinary tract infections and may get "colic" because the urine pushes back into the kidneys when the bladder is full. If it does not improve on its own they can remedy this by injecting a small amount of teflon in the area of the valve, helping it to close better. This they do under anaesthetic and through a scope, so no cutting involved.
See also http://www.ich.ucl.ac.uk/factsheets/families/F050193/index.html
http://kidney.niddk.nih.gov/kudiseases/pubs/vesicoureteralreflux/

4
Posted by: Hendrik | 2011/05/27

33 year old male, for last 6 months my bottom left eyelid has been twitching, it comes and goes. 4 Days ago my left shoulder muscle started twitching as well.
Please advise

Reply to Hendrik
Posted by: Hendrik | 2011/05/26

33 year old male, my left bottom eye lid started to twitch about 6months ago, it comes and goes. About 3 days ago my left shoulder muscels also started to twitch without me able to controle.
This also comes and goes, sometimes even while I sleep.
I tend to get headaches atlease every second day, I work with a computer each day up to 8 hours at a time.
Please advise.

Reply to Hendrik
Posted by: Hendrik | 2008/11/19

THe last 3 days my right eye lid has a twitch that comes and goes and lasts for about 5 seconds??
Should I be worried???

Reply to Hendrik
Posted by: Hendrik | 2008/06/05

Thank you very much Dr Bets.
Finally I got ansers on whats the cause and the cure. Now I have some peace of mind, I can prepare myself for whats to be done and I have the neccesary info to ask the docters more related questions.

Reply to Hendrik