Question
Posted by: S | 2007/05/15

34wk pregnant-Cramping in Vagina

I'm 34wks pregnant and for the past few days have had strange cramping high up in my vagina - in the same area you would feel your muscles contract when you are doing your kegel excerises, just slightly higher up. It's really weird and quite painful, yet managable. I have been put on earlier maternity leave due to Braxton Hicks and I'm very sure that what I'm feeling is neither Braxton Hicks nor a urinary tract infection. Could it just be my body preparing for birth in 6wks time? I didn't experience this when i was expecting my son.

This sounds like tightenings of the uterus, or possibly thinning of the lower segment of the uterus, which is necessary to prepare for labour.

1
Posted by: Chany | 2007/05/15

I would also like to know the answer to this same question, because I'm 35wks and first baby and experiencing this pain. It's like the tummy is tightening and accompanied by pains at the side... I've been having Braxton Hicks for some time now...

Still at work, not yet on maternity leave. And I'm getting really scared as I don't know what to expect.

Please answer us doc...

Reply to Chany