Question
Posted by: Mother to be | 2004/03/09

34weeks preg (just to share my story & need your views)

Hi! All

Presently i'm 34weeks pregnant & on the 5 March i went for my app with my gynie, & i was told that my baby does not have enough water & he is no longer developing well. My gynie said she is tempted to admit me but she did not she said i must buy asprin and drink them and i must comeback again on the 19th of March. the following day went for another opinion to another gynie & this one told me that everything is normal with my baby, he's got enough water he is growing accordingly. So ladies i need yr opinion on this has anyone ever came across a situation like this. whic gynie should i belive? pls help me out anyone. i need to book a hospital for my baby.

I'm afraid I can't tell you which doctor is right. Probably the changes in the water are minor if the second doctor did not detect them.

7
Posted by: Norma | 2004/03/09

Jip, go for a 3rd opinion and soon, today if possible......

Reply to Norma
Posted by: Wendy | 2004/03/09

I agree, definately go for a 3rd opinion and possibly even a fourth. At least you are far enough elong that if your baby needs to be born soon he will be fine. My son decided to come early and was born at 35 weeks. It is a bit different to having a full term baby but he managed well and is now 6 years, very healthy and taller than most of the others in his class and certainly very bright so it doesn't appear that being born a little early has stopped him in any way.

Reply to Wendy
Posted by: dee | 2004/03/09

If i were you I would go for another 2 appointments, rather be safe than sorry.

Reply to dee
Posted by: Kippie | 2004/03/09

Defnitely go for a 3rd opinion - you cannot take a chance on this one!!

Reply to Kippie
Posted by: Storm | 2004/03/09

Dear Mother to be ...

They say 3rd time lucky ... I too must agree, I would opt for a 3rd opinion. Then advise doc 3 why you are colsulting with him / her and what you've been told by doc 1 ... somehow the truth must come out & this too will ease your mind.

Wishing you the best of luck!!

Reply to Storm
Posted by: mother to be | 2004/03/09

i don't know so u think i must go for a third opinion

Reply to mother to be
Posted by: Norma | 2004/03/09

I'm sorry can't help you, as I'm a first time mom and not very clued up on everything, but if I were you I would go for another opinion, who of the 2 doc do you belief?
I know it costs money, but make sure what is going on......

Reply to Norma