Question
Posted by: MABRR!! | 2004/12/02

34 WEEKS PRAG AND FELL,PLEASE HELP!!

HELLO!

YESTERDAY I WAS BUSY PACKING AND WHILE STANDING ON TOP OF A CHAIR BACAUSE I COUDN'T REACH THE TOP DRAWER I FELL, MY LEGS ARE VERY SORE I CAN'T WALK PROPERLY. DO I HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THE BABY! BUT NO BLEEDING!!!

PLEASE HELP!!!

You should see your doctor to check the baby's wellbeing.

4
Posted by: Purple | 2004/12/02

Thinking of you Mabrrr. If you are feeling baby move and there's no bleeding, things are probably just fine. You will still feel much happier after your gynae confirms this tomorrow.

Its so scary to fall when you are pregnant.

You need to get yourself checked out though, you must be in a lot of pain if you can't walk properly.

You should sit and relax a bit, put your feet up, have a cup of tea or a glass of juice and read a magazine or watch some TV.

Reply to Purple
Posted by: MABRR | 2004/12/02

THANX Jacqui and Purple

MY APPOINMENT WITH GYNAE IS 2MORROW, SO FAR I FELD THE BABY SEVERAL TIMES AND HOPE SHE IS FINE BUT I'L TELL YOU 2MORROW AFTER I'VE SEEN THE GYNAE.

THANX FOR THE INPUTS.

Reply to MABRR
Posted by: Jacqui | 2004/12/02

I am also 34 weeks now and know how worrying soemthing like this can be so nearthe end. Have you felt baby move since your fall? If so, has it been the normal movements (bearing in mind that they will have slowed down a bit by now).

I would go to the hospital you're booked at and tell them you're whatever Dr's patient and can they check baby for you as you had a fall and are concerned. The hospital will probably fit you in sooner than your Gynae can but try him/her too.

I am sure that everything is okay as long as there been some movement seeing as though there has been no bleeding beacuse I think that if there was going to be bleeding, it would have happened by now.

Good luck and please let me know what the Doctor/hospital says.

Reply to Jacqui
Posted by: Purple | 2004/12/02

If there is no bleeding things should be OK.

If you landed directly on your tummy, go to your doctor for a check up anyway, even if just to reassure you.

However, baby is really well protected with the amniotic fluid so should be just fine.

It must have been a bad fall if you can't walk properly now. You should go and be checked by your doctor anyway as your health is important for the health of your baby.

Reply to Purple