Question
Posted by: Ray | 2004/01/12

33wks and no gynae

I am in such a quandary - have just relocated to Gauteng North - Northcliff and have as yet been unsuccessful in getting an appointment with a gynae as per some of your suggestions.

Could someone please help recommend a few names except Dr Roussouw and Dr Loock who seem to be booked for the next couple of months.

My caesar has to be performed bet the 12-19 th of Feb

The hospitals that I do know of are Parklane CLinic, Wilgeheuwel Hosp, and Garden CIty and would consider your suggestions.

I agree that your best option would be to go via your GP.

3
Posted by: Kim | 2004/01/13

Try Doctor Dassoo he's at the Garden City Hospital he's excellent...

Reply to Kim
Posted by: WWW | 2004/01/13

I too am struggling to find a gynae as all the recommended ones are fully booked or not taking new patients.As you are close to your due date the only thing i can do is share this piece of info with you.
Parklane is the best maternity hospital in the region and i suggest you book your bed as in now!!!There are also many gynaes based at the hospital so just take your pick and im sure he/she will be present for your c-section.I wish you all the best and i wish my baby was coming in Feb but im only due in Aug.You really have no time to waste so try this.You only need one more check up anyway so it shuldn't really matter which gynae as long as they know what they are doing.Good Luck.

Reply to WWW
Posted by: www | 2004/01/13

I don't think you should be asking on this site for suggestions anymore, not when you are so close to your date.

Go to your GP (if you don't have one, speak to anyone about a reference - it's much easier to find a GP than a gynae on references) and let them refer you to a gynae and make the appointment FOR YOU. The gynae will give you an appointment soon, especially if the GP tells them about your situation.

Reply to www