Question
Posted by: Jade | 2008/06/12

33 wks premature

My baby girl was born at 33 weeks now she is 16 months old she is stil crawling and I am very worried. She does take few steps when she is standing on the bed but on the floor she wont even stand on her own. Is it because she is scared or there is another problem that I must be worried about?

Expert ImageArchive

Hallo Jade
By now I would have liked to see her walking, however, because she was prem it is OK if she does not walk yet. I would suggest that you rather take her to an early intervention clinic to let them assess her and just make sure that her muscle tone is right and that she is just a bit lazy. Contact www.littlesteps.co.za (contact us) to find a clinic in your area.