Question
Posted by: Shaniseka | 2004/01/06

33 weeks but have a running stomach

I am 33 weeks pregnant and have running stomach. It is my first time to have a child. Is it normal or should I contact a doctor immedially.

It is not normal. Perhaps it is something you ate. If it does not settle in 24 hours, contact your doctor. In the meantime, ensure that you take plenty of fluids.

2
Posted by: anonymous | 2014/05/26

I am 33weeks now n have this runny stomach n cramps,its my 1st baby and iam worried.plz help

Reply to anonymous
Posted by: Kate | 2004/01/06

I also have a horribly runny tummy at the moment and have had it for four days already! I had terrible cramps last night too. I phoned my gynae and she confirmed that there is a nasty tummy bug going around at the moment.

She recommended that I take interflora every 6 hours and take pectrolyte too. She said that I must make sure I stay hydrated as dehydration can affect the baby. But the soreness and runny tummy should not affect or harm the baby in anyway. I am currently 31 weeks.

I have to admit that I am still a little worried and the cramps were so sore last night that I felt like going to the hospital. Sitting at work is not fun either.

Take it easy and get better soon!

Reply to Kate