Posted by: Vanessa | 2012/09/18

32 with breakouts

Please please help me

I am 32 and am getting breakouts on my cheeks and / or chin
everybody I have seen has said its hormonal

I am on Yasmin contraceptive pill
I am taking zinc, as well as omega 3 &  6
I seen an improvement - but my skin has not clearer entirely - just when it is clear I get a huge cyst pimple which then needs to clear.

I am still waiting for for the marks from previous breakouts to fade.

I use dermalogica face products and wear Clinique even better foundation
I follow a healthy diet - limit sugar and wheat, gluten etc.
I take a probiotic daily
I dont know what to do anymore - I dont want anybody to see me without make up

Do I go to a dermatologist? is there anything they can give me for the breakouts / marks

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc


You will have to consult a dermatologist. Treatment can range from IPL (Intense Pulse Light) therapy to an extended course of oral antibiotics. Consult a dermatologist as soon as possible to prevent further scarring.


Dr Anrich

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.