Question
Posted by: Casey | 2007/06/07

32 weeks pregnant, need to fly Dbn to JH

I have a wedding on the 25th August in JHB. I will be 32 weeks then and I wanted to know whether its fine for me to fly from Durban to JHB (+-1 and a half hours flight) for the wedding. Please also let me know what the risks are??

Pregnancy state creates an incerased susceptibility for DVT which is compounded by air-travel. if you really need to go to the wedding you need to know that there is achance that you have an increased risk of DVT and gioing into preterm labour. ou will have to inform the airline of your pregnancy before purchasing the ticket.

1
Posted by: me | 2007/06/07

it should be fine, but find out from the airline if they'll have you on the flight. most airlines don't allow pregnant women over a certain time of pregnancy on the flight.

Reply to me