Question
Posted by: Tashni | 2007/04/02

32 weeks pregnant - gynaedoc please

I am 32weeks and 4 days today. I have been experiencing a considerable amount of pain in my virgina whenever I get up from a seated or sleeping position. Please advice whether this is normal in late pregnancy/not.

It may be that the head has engaged and is causing pressure. Also stretching of the pubic ligament sometimes occurs. Both of these are normal.

2
Posted by: Lou | 2007/04/02

What you are feeling is the pressure of the baby (who is now quite big) pushing down in your pelvis and onto the pubic bone. Quite normal.

Reply to Lou
Posted by: Anita | 2007/04/02

Tashni

I know you asked for the gynaedoc's reply, but seeing as I'm also 32weeks pregnant and felt it would help if you hear that I'm experiencing the same problem and that my gynae said it is nothing to worry about. She suggested that when standing up from a seated or sleeping position, I must just do so slowly.

Reply to Anita