Question
Posted by: Tigger | 2004/09/22

32 weeks pregnant and walking is agony

I have been experiencing pain in my lower abdomen, pelvis and groin area for the past 2 weeks and it has become progressively worse. Even turning over in bed is painful. I've been told that it is probably due to the relaxin hormone that my body is producing to ready my body for the birth but for the past few days, I have even been finding it difficult to walk. Has anyone else experienced this? Can someone please tell me what I can do to relieve this discomfort? I don't know how I'm going to make it for the next 8 weeks. I absolutely love being pregnant and I know that the pain is worth it but I would like to get some sleep before the baby is born.

The pains often waxes and wanes. simple analgesia and bed rest should help

1
Posted by: Ella | 2004/09/22

Hi Tigger

I'm 30 weeks pregnant and I've got exactly the same pains as you.

Spoke to my dr about it and he said it's normal.

Just like you it's quite painfull turning at night and not even to mention when sitting at work for an hour and you get up. Someone on the forum said it feels like you've been on a horse for about 3 days!

Ella

Reply to Ella