Posted by: MARLENE VAN WYK | 2008/10/29


My husband are 30kg overweight,high bloodpressure,smoking and snorring. I want him to loose weight ebcause his tummy grow bigger and bigger.We are on the maxima standard plan. Please help me to help him.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageDietDoc

Dear Marlene van Wyk
I would suggest that your hubby consults a medical dr about his blood pressure and for assistance to stop smoking. If can start losing weight and get a bit more active his snoring may also improve. Because he has multiple problems I would recommend that your hubby should consult a clinical dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area), so that she/he can work out an individual diet prescription for him that helps with weightloss and reduces his bp. Your hubby should ask his dr what type of exercise he is allowed to do (e.g. walking or swimming or cycling) and if the dr gives permission he should start doing at least 30 min of exercise each day.
Hope your hubby cooperates.
Best regards

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.