Posted by: Tikka | 2008/06/18

3 years old

My Boy is now 3. Two months back we were involved in a armed robbery by 3 men in our house. He has not shown any effects from that night. He recently started to stutter, but only when he is in a difficult position ( When we dissipline him but no hitting). Do i need to take him to a speech therapist of a pshycologist?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

Hard to say, but here goes : The stuttering may have arisen completely unrelated to the robbery, or the robbery might be relevant. As the Psychologist can help determine that, and deal with the trauma is that is where the problem lies ( and the speech therapist can only deal with the stuttering as such ) maybe start with the child psychologist, though both may be needed to clear this up efficiently

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.