Question
Posted by: Loo Loo | 2004/11/18

3 mnth menstruation

I recently got married i am 22. i am on the pill and now my period has been going for 3mnths, i have extensive cramps, I have been on antibiotics which i know cancels out the pill, and i have been on it on numerous occassions cos i get sick, and still have relations but never fallen preggies even tho i forget to take the pill. I went to the Gynae who sent me for scans(ultrasound) but everything looked normal it didnt show that i was on my period. I dont what is causing the bleedin but i have to use a tampon. Could it be endometriosis? if so can it be cured cos i do want children in the future

Endometriosis usually causes heavy periods,not continuous bleeding. Your bleeding may be a combination of forgetting to take the Pill and the antibiotics. Perhaps you need a different form of contraception.

1
Posted by: fruity apple | 2004/11/18

i dont want to scare you but my friend had the same prob (she lives in australia) and it turned out that she was on stage one of cervical cancer

any way maby you should get another point of veiw from a specialist gyne

i have (had) endo stage 3 and i only experience no periods at all but then again i also have pcos

so maby just get another point of view

Reply to fruity apple