Question
Posted by: MOM2_1 | 2006/07/25

2Year constantly ill

I've finally come to the end of my rope. I've been struggling to get my 2 year old to eat since he was 6 months old. TRUST ME, I'VE TRIED EVERYTHING!! Now I'm looking at alternatives because we can't carry on like this.

He has been in hospital twice in the past two months with pneumonia. He constantly has the flu. He also has sinus problems (got it from me). I know he would not have been so constantly ill, if he just ate (especially veggies and fruit, which he hates!!) he also doesn't like dairy, but loves cheese (I don't give this to him anymore because this seems to worsten his sinus problem. He is constantly prone to ear infections.

At the moment I'm giving him Viral Choice, but find that this isn't enough. Are there any supplements I can give him that will help him get all the necessary vitamins, minerals etc, that he would get if he ate Veggies and Fruit?

Please help. Don't know what to do anymore.

Dear Mom2
I hear what you are saying and feel for you and your laddie. You don't mention if you have ever had him tested for allergies (this would include all manner of allergens, not just food)? If not, please take him to an Ear, Nose and Throat specialist and ask the dr to test him for allergies. If you son is constantly ill then it is understandable that he does not want to eat, esp foods that he does not like. Try giving him fruit juice and/or dried fruit instead of fruit and ask your chemist for a paediatric vitamin and mineral supplement (there are many of these product available such as Vydalin, etc). Also try giving him Intestiflora (probiotics or 'good bugs' - buy at health shop) which help to boost immunity. Another excellent supplement is omega-3 which you can buy as Salmon oil capsules to boost his immunity.
Holding thumbs for all of you