Question
Posted by: Tom | 2003/01/11

2nd stage breat cancer treatment facilities in or near Johannesburg

My mother is suffering 2nd stage breast cancer - fairly advanced with complications of the liver, kidneys and stomach lining. She has undergone 5 series of chemo therapy. Intitial results were promising, however, her existing doctors do not appear to agree on the current status of the illness or on the treatment she should pursue.

My mother has medical insurance cover for South Africa and is looking for a cancer expert that can provide a 3rd opinion and eventual further treatment. Time is of the essence. I am looking for a directory or listing of cancer treatment facilities and specialists in the Johannesburg and Cape Town areas. If you can help me, I will pursue the best of these.

Thank you,

Tom

Tom, if she is willing/able to travel to Pretoria, I might be able to help. You can contact me at netdoc@mweb.co.za or you should contact her GP. Good luck.

1
Posted by: anxious | 2003/01/12

Have you tried the Sandton Oncology Centre opposite the Morningside Clinic in Rivonia Rd, Sandton? There might also be doctors at the Sunninghill Hospital.

Reply to anxious