Question
Posted by: 123 | 2007/12/14

2nd opinion UTI

Hi, about 3 weeks ago my gp found blood in my urine and then put me on a 3 day course of antibiotics. i took the complete course and have been drinking lots of water, etc. I went to have me urine tested again and now there is more blood in my urine +2. My ph is 7. I've been feeling very sleepy some days. I don't have symptoms of a bladder infection but sometimes get pain in my abdomen - different areas. no serious back pain. The doc has now prescribed a 5 day course of antibiotics and also another antibiotic just incase i have clamydia. I don't want to take meds for clamydia if I don't have it but I tried going to a clinic and they couldn't test for clamydia. What happens if I take the meds for clamydia and I don't actually have it. The only reason why she assumed that I had clamydia is because I said that there is sometimes pain during sex but only when knocking against cervic which I would think is normal? Also concerned about kidney infection. what should i do?

Dear 123

Thank you for for visiting health24.com.

You should consult a Urologist, in order to have a urine MCS, as well as a STD screen. He/she will also most probably do a sonar of your bladder and urinary tract. This will give a good indication, if there are any other pathological reasons for the blood in your urine and he/she will then be able to start with the correct treatment.

If you do not have clamydia, the antibiotics will have no effect and no side effects.

Kind regards