Question
Posted by: yo-yo | 2004/02/23

2nd home pregnancy test positive?

Hi there doc.

I posted a question to on 12-01-2004 (800) whereby I said that I last had my last period on 30-10-2003. I did a home pregnancy test on 12-01-2004 and there was the thick test line and a very very faint line as well.

I wanted to wait for a while to see if my symptoms would disappear and up to today - no period, I still vomit everyday am tired and get hot flushes sometimes. Today I decided to do the 2nd home test and it still showsl 2 lines the dark test line and a lighter second line (the 2nd line is now much darker than the result I from the first test I did last month but though not as dark as the test line).

Should I go to see a gynae or have a blood test done? Where do I go for blood tests?

I started with diet pills on Saturday morning. Will this have any effect on my baby should I be pregnant?

Thanx doc.

It certainly sounds like you are pregnant. I don't think that it is necessary for a blood test. You should book an appointment with a gynaecologist and stop the diet pills as the chances are very high that you are pregnant.

2
Posted by: Norma | 2004/02/24

Congrats!!!!!!! Go for the blood test a.s.a.p.
And I think you should stop your diet pills today, don't take any thing without consulting your doc.

Enjoy....

Reply to Norma
Posted by: Jane | 2004/02/23

Sounds to me you're preggers!! Congrats! I've heard that ANY line- no matter how feint, is still a positive result. You can go to any pharmacy to have a blood test taken- they've usually got a clinic there, and it's cheaper than going to your gynea. If the result is positive, then go to your gynea ASAP!
Good luck.

Reply to Jane