Posted by: Desperate | 2008/07/23

2nd baby and a tilted uterus???


I had my first child 12 years ago at the age of 20 and now me and hubby are trying to for no 2.
I used to be very active playing sport and returned back to playing soccer 6 months after the birth of my baby. I used contraceptives and decided 5 years ago to start trying for another baby.
My gynae says that my womb is slightly tilted and I can only assume it happened years ago. I had no pain and therefor no knowledge that it happened. However, he says that this should not interfere with a pregnancy.
But we have been trying for the past 5 years and I had a laparoscopy done last year. I am also ovulating normally (blood tests done)... Why can' t I get pregnant?
I have also had problems with infections, cysts etc. Gynae had me on a 3day course of fertility pills and sweared that I should fall pregnant during those 3 days. Nothing happened.
As he says that nothing is wrong with me could it be hubby or something to do with my tilted uterus.

Please advise anyone

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageFertility expert

Dear Desperate

I strongly agree with what your gynaecologist has done thus far. I certainly would suggest a semen analysis be done and should this prove to be normal, I would recommend intrauterine insemination in the knowledge that there is retroversion of your uterus. The procedure is fairly simple and cost effective.

Answered by: Dr.M.I. Cassim

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Desperate | 2008/07/24

Hi Jenny

Thank you for the response.
I am really at my wits end. I have informed hubby last night that he should go for tests but now I think I have hurt his ego a bit.

Will go for second opinion as suggested in the meantime whilst trying to convince hubby...

Thanks again

Reply to Desperate
Posted by: Jenny | 2008/07/23

I think its time for a second opion, rather try a fertility clinic, in South-Africa there are some good docters.
something may be blocking your tubes, or there may just be a small problem, and your husband should also be tested.

Reply to Jenny

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.