Question
Posted by: TB | 2007/06/18

2ND AF AFTER MISCARRIDGE

After my miscarrige in April my AF only came on day 32, but my normal cycle is 28 days. now i am 2 days late and wondering if the miscarrige has shifted my cycle days to 32Days???

Dear TB

It is at this point to early to judge a definite change in cycle length. However if the pattern remains the same for the next two cycles then this would be indicative of delayed ovulation and/or prolonged luteal phase. The luteal phase is the interval between ovulation and the onset of menstruation and can be delayed in patients who have just recently had a miscarriage. This is due to the fact that the endometrium or lining of the womb might be still adjusting to the effects of the miscarriage itself.