Question
Posted by: Joan | 2004/10/11

28 weeks/back +pelvic pain<br>

After having a miscarriage in Jan, we are fortunate enough to be 28 weeks pregnant again. I am just a bit concerned, a week ago I started getting pains in my pelvic bones, stabing pains, is this normal now? I have been for the downs test and on the 8/10/04 went for the glucose test, all ok! I am extremly tired and sleep very little. The first few hours of the night I sleep well, from 00:30 until between 4 and 5, I toss and turn and eventualy do house patrol, I can't lay on my sides or back and eventualy I just walk up and down. My gynea says the baby will be a big baby, the baby weighed 1.2kg at my last visit 28Sept04, could this be the cause of the severe back ache and the stabing feeling in the pelvis area.

Pains do happen at this stage of pregnancy from stretching of the ligaments.