Question
Posted by: worried mother to be | 2004/01/19

27weeks pregnat & worried

hi! all i'm 27weeks pregnant & i have not had sex ever since i concieved my baby. will this make my baby not active. i reason for not having is that i have a miscarriage before so i'm afraid of loosing this one as well. is it normal not to have sex if u are pregnant?

Unless you have had any complications in the pregnancy, there is no reason not to have sex. Whether you have sex or not will not affect the activity of the baby.

6

The problem is that i broke up with my boyfriend so i don' t have anybody to do it with, i was just worried b-coz my friends keeps no saying i must do it or else my baby will be sleeping when its time to deliver him.

Reply to worried mother to be
Posted by: Thato | 2004/01/19

Www is correct it has to be an agreement between the partners. I'm 35 weeks pregnant and i still enjoy making love with my husband and as long as there are no complications we will continue till the last day. The doctor assured us that this will not have an effect on the baby.

Reply to Thato
Posted by: Kate | 2004/01/19

What Www says is very true. I have to be honest that I have felt rejected at times because my hubby doesn't want to have sex whilst I am pregnant. But I try to understand his point of view and be patient. I have to admit that at 33 weeks I feel like it much less, but I do miss that intimacy. You must discuss how you both feel about sex during pregnancy. If your doctor assures you that everything is okay, then don't rule it out completely.

My hubby and I cuddle a lot but unfortunately there is nothing sexual happening between us. Which I have to admit is not the way I would like it to be but I also have to respect my husband's feelings. I just hope that after the pregnancy, things will return to normal.

When you do talk to your partner about it, try to listen to how he feels and don't ignore his wishes completely. My husband has promised time and again to try to be more intimate (sexual). But when it comes to being intimate, he withdraws completely. It is hard to deal with and don't think he has paid much attention to me when we have discussed it. So really try to take his feelings into consideration.

But also listen to your body and doctor and don't do anything that makes you uncomfortable or worried.

Reply to Kate
Posted by: www | 2004/01/19

Please also remember that it is also important for your child to be born into a healthy relationship between it's mother and father, so if you and your partner both agree, then it's fine, but if your partner misses intimacy, discuss it with him and find alternative means and ways to be together and intimate without necessarily having any penetration, but still leaving you both satisfied and feeling close.

Reply to www

Thank you for the assurance. i will not have sex until i deliver my baby

Reply to worried mother to be
Posted by: Kate | 2004/01/19

Your baby will be fine. You don't have to have sex at all during your pregnancy.

I am 33 weeks now and have hardly had sex during my pregnancy. Although the doctor says it is safe to do so, my hubby doesn't feel 'right' about doing it. So it has been few and far between. The doctor assured me that this will have no effect on the baby.

Reply to Kate