Posted by: Karen | 2009/02/13

27 years of age, yearly tests?


I am 27, i have been sexually active from age 23. I am on nuristerate. I love using it since i am not a very good pill taker and dont want any kids, my husband luckily feels the same. I have heard alot of stories about the injections causing blood clots because you stop menstruating. i mestruate lightly for a week or so before i have to go for my follow up injection.
The other question i have is what tests should i have performed. i have never gone for a papsmear and i know i should go. but is there any other tests that i should get done while i am busy getting myself checked?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

You do not menstruate because Nuristerate thins the womb lining so there is nothing to come away.
You need a pap smear but nothing else unless you have symptoms.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.