Question
Posted by: TASH2 | 2004/10/04

27 WEEKS - HEARTBURN...ANY REMEDIES??

Hi Ladies& Doc
Im 27 weeks preg and Boy oh Boy the heartburn is terrible!! All I have is Gaviscon....dont really think it works anymore! I have small meals and try avoiding savoury things...no difference. I drink lots of milk....nothing. Has anyone got any trusted remedies
out there. Look at the end of the day Id rather have Heartburn multiplied by ten than not to be pregnant, but Im desparate here..

Try other antacids and avoid hot/spicy foods. It may help

4
Posted by: Lolly | 2004/10/05

Aloe is a fantastic remedy for heartburn! It really works. I am a wellness consultant and dohave a product range that is safe to take while pregnant. Aloe Concertrate is brilliant. If you would like more information please contact me for an appointment.

Reply to Lolly
Posted by: TASH2 | 2004/10/05

Thanx a mill ladies! DB I received your posting five minutes too late - I've just devoured a bowl of Jungle Oats for breakfast!

Reply to TASH2
Posted by: Kelly | 2004/10/05

Hi Ladies

My sister-in-law used a pill called Ranihexal and it was prescribed by her gynae. So I suppose that it should be safe while pregnant. I also suffered from the most terrible heartburn even though I am not pregnant and I used that pill. I haven't had heartburn ever since.

Kelly

Reply to Kelly
Posted by: DB | 2004/10/05

Hi Tash2

I am 23 weeks and have the same problem. I have found out that there are a few no-no's for me. Do not eat oats, weatbix or pro-nutro in the mornings, it gives me such bad heartburn the rest of the day that anything else I eat just continues the vicious cycle. I eat wholewheat toast with cheese and an apple or some yogurt and muesli for breakfast. Tea time an apple and a banana. Sometimes a wholeweat rusk with my tea. Lunch time a salad with chicken on wholeweat bread, teatime fruit again and in the evening a big meal (try and eat before 18:00. Other things to avoid is anything starting with the word white-.

Good luck and enjoy!

Reply to DB