Posted by: Tracey | 2008/09/26

26 yrs, has 1 child of 6 year

I am a lady of 26yrs, my boyfriend (28yrs) of 4 years, and I we want to start and make a family. I have 1 child from my previous relationship &  he is 6 years. We spoke about this and we are ready to start our own family, but now we are desperately want to conceive twins, we can do anything, if there are methods, specific diet to follow I will do them. Is it possible if there ia no background of twins in a family before?

Expert ImageArchive

Hello Tracey,
The best advice I can give you is not to tamper with mother nature. If you are meant to have twins you will have them if your not then your not. The propensity to release two eggs at ovulation is passed on genetically and is more common if you are older than 35 years. Of course fertility treatment may increase your chances but I would advise you to take the natural route and enjoy the result.

Dr Guy Ashburner Osteopath