Question
Posted by: Mary | 2004/10/11

26 weeks pregnant - please help

Hi Ladies, i am 26 weeks pregnant and experience severe pain under my left breast within the left chest area. This only occurrs at night when i go to bed. Does any one else suffer with these pains and if so what causes it and what can i do to prevent these pains. Please Help, Thank you

Could me muscular since it only occurs at night. Try simple analgesia and if no joy, see your obstetrician.

4
Posted by: tania | 2004/10/12

I am nearly 25 weeks pregnant and I get the same pain under my left breast, usually at night time and when I have eaten too much/rich food. I think it is heartburn, because when I drink Gaviscon (which the gynea prescribed), it gets better. Before I fell pregnant, I was diagnosed with gastritis (which can lead to a ulcer), and the pain I get now, is excatly where I got the pain before. So try gaviscon (I drink the liquid one), maybe it helps.

Reply to tania
Posted by: Jacqui | 2004/10/12

I had that same sharp pain during my first pregnancy, also from about 25/26 weeks - it turned out to be the baby pushing/lying on a nerve and it was also only at night. It was the position I was in when i lay down that caused baby to move there. If you are very worried, chat to your doctor to put your mind at ease.

I am currently 26 weeks now with my second and have not had that pain again- so far all i get are braxton hicks'. This baby seems to like mommy more than her brother did!

Hope this helps

Reply to Jacqui
Posted by: Lyndall | 2004/10/11

I think you should ask for a referral to a cardiologist. It may be your heart.

Reply to Lyndall
Posted by: new | 2004/10/11

I am also 26 weeks and only have itchy skin under my breast. I cannot relate to the pain you are talking about. BUt my guess is that if you don't feel any strange lump it might be one of the hormones. Again you can call u're Doc 2 be sure. Good luck

Can anyone who is about 26w share with us their experiences on their preggie. So far so good and am expecting a girl. Heavy h-burn but hey what can I do goes with the teritory.

Reply to new