Question
Posted by: banyana | 2003/12/15

26 Weeks but no weight gain

I am naturally slender and ever since i got pregnant i have not gained weight at all ans i am worried that maybe my baby will be underweight when she is born.Pls help is there anything to worry about.

Concerned
Mom

You will be examined regularly by your doctor to assess the growth of the uterus and will also probably have scans. Provided that these show that the baby is growing, there is no need for concern. You should follow a healthy diet and also take multivitamins.

1
Posted by: Purple | 2003/12/15

I think that by this stage you should be gaining a little weight even if you haven't gained before. However, as long as you are taking your vitamins and eating healthily (all 5 food groups, and a little bit extra - e.g. an extra sandwich a day), then your baby should be able to draw the nutrients s/he needs from you. Just remember that eating loads of chocolate etc isn't going to put on the right kind of weight - its nutrient lacking weight.

I think wait for gynaedoc's response, and don't panic in the mean time. Everyone's bodies are different and we all gain weight differently.

Reply to Purple