Question

24 hour service needed

I have no idea what is going on with the Experts of this site, but this is no longer a 24 hour help-service!

What is the idea of health24 if you only get an answer, if you are lucky, 48 hours later??? I am going to another website for help.

Thank you for your feedback.

6
Posted by: Cyberdoc again | 2008/01/07

Dear Anon
I really try to answer the questions within 24 hours anyway - but currently only work Mon to Thursday on the site - I have another doctor doing weekends and he is not currently feeling well, so please bear with us if we sometimes take a bit longer! Dr Bets

Reply to Cyberdoc again
Posted by: anxious | 2008/01/07

what I mean is at least you had the decency to apologise and not attack other people for responding to your posting.

Reply to anxious
Posted by: anxious | 2008/01/07

The problem is one gets spoilt when postings are answered promptly, but we do need to give them up to the allowed time to answer the postings. At least you weren't rude like many other people can be!

Have a good day.

Reply to anxious

Experts, I apologize if I offended anyone. I understand that you have a life of your own but that you also render this service to us. I dont have medical insurance and it is not an option for me to run to the doctor every time that I have a medical question. I just assumed it is a 24-hour answering service. I have been visiting this site for a number of years and it just lately that I noticed our questions does not get answered in time.

Posted by: TOXIC | 2008/01/06

I do believe the 24 is meant that the forum is open 24 hours for you to post your question.  It does not mean that the experts will answer within 24 hours.  Please, give the experts a break.

Reply to TOXIC
Posted by: anxious | 2008/01/06

All the forums on this website were NEVER a 24hr service to start with! Be grateful that you have an extensive range of doctors/specialists advice F R E E of charge. Get real! If you want 24hr medical advice go to a casualty dept. where you will PAY (because you get 24hr professional medical treatment).

The mind boggles that there are people who actually expect H24 experts to sit and wait for their "little" (as many of them are) complaints. If you want instant advice go to your doctor.

NONE of H24 experts are obliged to answer any postings in less than 3 working days and (obviously you couldnt possibly work this one out) they do have other more important things to do, such as attend to their own practice patients (who believe it or not PAY for their advice) and family and holiday. Some people do actually go away this time of year.

So quit complaining or go and find some other place where you can find free, instant professional, medical advice. I doubt you will find it. H24 forrums offer excellent FREE advice.

Reply to anxious