Question
Posted by: princess | 2007/08/21

21j female, want to sterilize.

I'm 21years old, had an abortion at the age of 16, wasn't my choice but did it.
i want to be sterilized because of my fear that something would go wrong with a next pregnancy after that.
to top it all off.... im diagnosed with bipolar mood disorder (manic depression) its hereditary. ive been through a small spot of hell and would not wish it on any one.
my mom and her mom has it so the chances are 100% for my child, boy or girl to be bipolar.

i really dont know if i should go and if they will do it, or if i should just take that chance.

I do understand your reasons. However, the fact that you have bipolar disorder does not mean that your child will have it, though there is a higher than average chance, certainly not 100%. There are effective contraceptive methods that you could use such as the Mirena.

1
Posted by: beth | 2007/08/22

As much as this is hereditary there's no need 4 u to sterelise.U r still young and maybe one day u will meet u'r prince charming and want kids but it wud b 2 late.It is not 100% proven that every generation will suffer from a hereditary disease so don't...Gudluk

Reply to beth