Question
Posted by: cassidy | 2010/10/27

21 weeks and cysts on the brain

Hi. Wonder if perhaps it will be possible to give me more information. The gynae found two cysts on my unborn babies brain, but all the measurements, heartbeat, etc is perfect. I need to go to a specialist on Friday for a more intense scan and to see if there is any abnormalities in his face. Im currently 21 weeks pregnant. What does this mean for me and my unborn baby? am I going to lose him? All my downs syndrome tests came back negative.

There are a variety of causes of cysts, from benign ones like choroid plexus cysts, to serious things like holoprosencephaly. It really depends what the diagnosis is.

1