Question
Posted by: Diet | 2005/07/22

20kg's overweight?

Sorry I know this is a dum question but can being overwieght have a lot more health problems then what we get told besides the cholestrol, etc. I am 1.63 m, 80kg's and 25 female. The reason I ask is For the past 3-4 months I feel bloated all the time, Have abdminal pains can'tt get rid of candida. And the docters and gynae just gives me medication not one mentioned my weight. I think t's becuase I gained another 4 kg in the last 3 months. Anyways just wanted to check.

Dear Diet
Your present BMI = 30 which is in the obese range, so you should try and lose some weight. To get back into the normal range with a BMI of 24, you would have to weigh 64 kg. It is a well known fact that obesity is associated with a long list of health problems such as diabetes, arthritis, gallstones, and even the Candida. So ask your dr to prescribe Xenical which is a true 'fat-trapper' and prevents you from absorbing fat from your diet. Xenical is, however expensive so it would help if your dr could motivate for this medication to be paid for by your medical aid. You would use the Xenical with a very-low-fat-diet and this will help you to start losing. So see if you can get Xenical prescribed for your condition, seeing that the overweight is a direct threat to your health. Also combine the Xenical with regular exercise to obtain the best results. If your Candida is resistant to standard antifungals ask your dr to do a test to see if you have a resistant strain which may require different treatment.

1
Posted by: Sue | 2005/08/01

You have said that xenical will prevent fat absorbtion, but will it help with the fat layers already surrounding my tummy and arms.

Reply to Sue