2 year old concerns

I have a 2 year old daughter. Her father and I are no longer together but we have an agreement that he can see her whenever he wants as she dotes on her father. They have a very special bond and I wouldnt like anything to come between them. However lately he has been working late hours so he hasnt been able to see her. The last time he saw her was last Thursday. On Saturday she asked me to call her daddy and he couldnt answer because he was on site. Whenever we get home she calls her daddy or he calls her but whenever she doesnt see him for a period of time she has these temper tantrums or she starts crying for no particular reason. The only person that can calm her down is her father. What can I do about this? Is it something that I have to be concerned about. He has moved on with his life so I cannot expect him to be at my house every single day.

Presumably she has grown used to more stable arrangements, and iss disturbed by his unavailability when on site. Couldn't a plan be made with him as to specific times he WILL call her, wherever he is ? Otherwise, it's not unusual for a 2-year-old, who doesn't have a large vocabulary for expressing ehr emotions, to have a tantrum when disappointed. If you and he have moved on with your lives as regards each other, that's fine --- but as an apparently concerned and caring father, he can't "move on" as regards his daughter. Explore, too, whether she could be weaned off frequent contacts to fewer, maybe better quality contacts