Question
Posted by: nessy | 2005/12/02

2 weeks pregnant with AIH and now what

hi

i am just over 2 weeks pregnant after doing AIH. i have a few questions about it.
i have had blood tests and the pregnancy has been confirmed, but yesterday i started getting cramps like i get when i am going to start my period so i wanted to know if there is anything i can do to not get my period (i lost the previus "conception" as i got my period).
also, i want to know when to take folic acid and how much - should it be taken in the morning, evening or both.
if there is anyone out there that can give me any advice, i will be greatful.

thank you
nessy

You could discuss with your doctor about Cyclogest. This is sometimes used to prevent miscarriages. Mild cramping is quite normal in early pregnancy though.
You should be taking 5mg folate per day. It doesn't matter whether it is in the morning or evening.

1
Posted by: tex | 2005/12/03

Nessy,

start taking that Folic Acid RIGHT NOW!!
select a product that has the most amount of folic acid per tablet - natrodale is a good one!

There is nothing you can do if your period comes BUT...
i remember when i just found out - it also felt like i was getting my period, i'm sure that's just a sign saying that your uterus is getting ready for 9 months of baby!!
so unless you're really worried - ask your gynae. but it should be fine!!

good luck and all the best with the pregnancy!

Reply to tex